Friday, June 3, 2011

Vegan Iowa Featured in Des Moines Metro Mix & Juice!

Check out the link below to see the top places in Des Moines to eat out Vegan!

http://desmoines.metromix.com/restaurants/article/what-are-you-hungry/2646093/content

Also, we have a new Des Moines area veg-friendly Facebook group, Des Veg Life. Vegetarian meet up plans in the works and much more!! (as soon as I figure out how to put a facebook link button on here I will.)

Also, as an update to the Des Moines food list you need to try:

Tacopacolypse - http://www.tacopocalypse.com
They feature a vegan chorizo taco - get one this weekend at the Farmer's Market!

Fongs Pizza - http://www.fongspizza.com/home.html
I haven't got to try this place yet - but I hear they have vegan cheese!

Dos Rios - http://dosriosrestaurant.com/
Vegan friendly - and I think we almost have them convinced via twitter to offer vegan cheese.

Help us make a vegan revolution! Encourage your favorite restaurant to offer veg friendly choices!! Let me know what you think!!

3 comments:

  1. Great article!

    You can also find Daiya at Gateway Market, Campbell's Nutrition, and New City Market. I wonder if any of these specialty shops (or even Hy-vee or veg-friendly restaurants) would be willing to sponsor or provide discounts for the veg meetups? Just a thought.

    We went to Dos Rios last night and while they do have vegetarian options, we ordered them without the cheese and sour cream and found them lacking. A little Daiya cheese and non-dairy sour cream would have really made it great.

    -Lindsey (@Exhibitsmith)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pizza isn't even one of my favorite dishes, but Fong's vegan pizzas are yummers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried the pizza at Gusto recently, and it was delicious. I love oven-fired pizza. I ordered it cheeseless instead of adding their vegan cheese. They have lots of interesting ingredients like wine-marinated figs, kalamata olives, and artichokes, and I didn't want anything competing with them. Still, I think it's great that they offer it.

    ReplyDelete