Saturday, March 26, 2011

Comfort Food

I’ve been cooking up lots of comfort food lately. Food that makes you feel safe, secure and remind you of better days. For me comfort foods include soups, stroganoff, brownies and cheesecake. Thankfully, I have found a vegan alternative to ALL of my favorite comfort foods.

There are fabulous recipes for brownies and cheesecake in Sinfully Vegan by Lois Dieterly. Try the “I can’t believe their not Sinful Brownies”

My mom was the inspiration for the Vegan Stroganoff recipe below.

Craving Stroganoff?
Try this! Quick, easy and delicious!
1 Package Boca Crumbles
1 Vegetable Bouillon Cube
1 Cup Water
2 TBSP Corn Starch
1 TBSP Soy Sauce
1 tsp Garlic Salt
1 Cup Soy Sour Cream
1 PKG Favorite noodles

Heat first six ingredients on low until sauce thickens then add sour cream and noodles. Add salt and pepper to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment